Followers

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sunny Salad

Shrimp Salad
   There's nothing like a sunny meal out on the deck to get you in the mood for summer.  The odd thing is, it is only the middle of March!  We have had an unusual winter with little snow and now we've skipped right into a heat wave.  Usually, I am cooking up a big pot of soup or have the oven going with comfort food this time of year!

   I'm not one to enjoy the typical garden salad of iceberg lettuce, a pale tomato, a slice of carrot and some croutons with sweet diet dressing.  My idea of a salad has lots of olives, avocado, beans, the tang of hot peppers, and balsamic vinegar.

    I prepared a vegetable salad side dish the night before with squash, broccoli, radishes, onions, Vegenaise, and fresh basil. Then I quickly boiled up shrimp and made a salad for lunch with avocado and beans. I combined the leftover shrimp and beans with the veggie salad to make a third dish.  All the flavors marinated together for a delicious meal on a warm night!

Vegetable Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment