Followers

Friday, March 9, 2012

Do I Like Scallops?

Scallop Fettuccine
   This one is for Dad.  One year when my family was on a camping trip the rain just wouldn't stop.  We ended up going out to a restaurant probably just to dry off.  I was at the kid table with my sisters and the boys from next door.  As I looked at the menu, I asked, "Dad, do I like scallops?"  It turned out I did.  Now whenever we have them it brings back memories of this family adventure. 

   One night Dan was working down in the cellar and I wasn't sure what to have for dinner.  It was one of those nights when I have "cooking block" which is like writer's block except who can think on an empty stomach?  I pulled a bag of scallops out of the freezer and whipped up this delightful dish.  It took longer to cook the pasta then to make the entree.  I sauteed some fresh spinach in olive oil and garlic to serve under my scallops since I was going gluten-free.  Boy that stuff really cooks down.


Spinach with garlic
  Scallops in Cream Sauce
   This was a "dash of this and pinch of that" meal made without looking at a recipe.  Here's what I did:
<>
Saute garlic in butter.  Add bag of frozen scallops. The frozen scallops will release water so let it cook down. Add 2 cups heavy cream. Stir in 2 tablespoons arrowroot to thicken sauce. Bring to a simmer and cook until scallops are opaque.    Sprinkle with parsley and serve over pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment