Followers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pumpkin Pudding


Whipped Pumpkin Pudding Surprise
    I remember a time when the question, "What's for dessert?"  was not a nightly occasion.  I like a treat as much as anyone, but I don't like to indulge every night.  My answer is to come up with something reasonably healthy and trying to present it in a fun manner.

   Halfway through dinner, the perennial question surfaced.  Well I did some quick thinking and came up with, "It's a surprise."  Which really means, I have no idea so I am stalling for time.  Also, I really don't want the amount of meal consumed to be reflected by the quality of the promised dessert.  Please just eat your dinner and don't tell me, "I didn't eat my asparagus so I could leave room for my dessert." It really doesn't work that way.

   After dinner, I found a can of pumpkin and heavy cream.  I made a double batch of whipped cream with vanilla that I previously  featured in Peaches 'N Cream and folded in the pumpkin with a squirt of honey.  The pumpkin pudding was well received by my dessert connoisseurs.  According to my research pumpkins are a good source of fiber, beta carotene, antioxidants, and vitamin C. Therefore, the sweet tooth crowd is satisfied and so is the nutrition minded cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment