Followers

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Sensational Sequels

    I have lost count of how many times I have heard people say, "I just don't like leftovers."  Poor, poor leftovers, nobody wants them.  They pack them up in Tupperware just to throw them out when the fuzz starts to creep up the lid.  I say, "No more!"  We must take our leftover food and use it for good and not science experimentation.

    Leftovers need an image makeover.  I am going to start marketing them as sequels.  Is that leftover chicken? No honey, that is Chicken the Sequel: Night of the Nuggets.

   One of my favorite ways to use up leftovers is soup.  Just about any meat and vegetable can be thrown in the pot for a fantastic meal. All month long I will be bringing you more ideas to help you transform those unwanted bits into a new meal.

   Using leftovers is a great way to stretch the budget.  You can dish up leftovers for lunch instead of eating out. You can make a whole new meal by adding a few inexpensive ingredients.  This is great for when you find a sale and stock up.  Leftovers also help lessen your time in the meal prep department.  The trick is variety.  We can't eat the same meal days in a row.  Sometimes you have to take what is left and freeze it for another day when it will be appreciated again.

   What are your favorite uses for leftovers?  Stay tuned for my reruns, I mean sequels coming soon in my kitchen!

6 comments:

  1. I love this! We don't have too many leftovers. I should start cooking bigger meals so that we do - lol. When we've got them, I put leftover veggies in a freezer bag that I keep adding to. When I make soup, I've got a bag of frozen veggies to add to it. LOL about Chicken the Sequel: Night of the Nuggets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the soup bag idea. What a great way to use up those lingering vegetables. I used to box them up and let them rot until garbage day!

      Delete
  2. I think chilli works great for left overs. You can have it on baked potatoes. You can make a shepherd's pie with it by putting mashed potatoes (another left over) on top of it. All comfort foods in my book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm...that sounds good! Thanks for the great book. It was so nice of you to send me a copy!

      Delete
  3. Pasta ALWAYS tastes better the 2nd day. I love leftovers, poor downtrodden things they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good spread the word, leftovers are not to be ignored!

      Delete