Followers

Friday, November 30, 2012

Chicken Two: Two Different Meals With One Cooking Night

Chicken Parmesan
   In an effort to clear out any space in the freezer, I defrosted a three pound bag of chicken breasts.  Usually  I buy chicken on the bone since I can find a decent sale price, but I bought the big back to be convenient for camping season. With summer over it is time to cook up these birds.

   I planned to make Chicken Parm.  I made breadcrumbs out of oatmeal mixed with some Italian seasoning and garlic powder.  I sliced the chicken thin, dipped it in the egg and breadcrumbs and into the olive oil it went.     I made a few pans full, so I stored the extra in the oven to keep warm.
There's a whole lotta chicken cooking.


   As the chicken sizzled, I put the spaghetti water on to boil and made a salad.  I topped one skillet of chicken with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.  The rest of the chicken was for another meal.  Before cooking, I cut some of the chicken in smaller chicken strips.  Just don't tell the kids their chicken nuggets are really naked Chicken Parm leftovers.

We'll set these aside for nugget night.
   

2 comments:

  1. So time saving to double up on cooking meals when the meat is thawed. Love the pictures also.
    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol. I like saving clean up time the best! That's actually my hand in the picture.

    ReplyDelete