Followers

Monday, November 26, 2012

Deep Thaw: Time to Defrost The Freezer

The freezer is full!
    My freezer is packed to the gills or rather the wings since I have a plethora of poultry. In case you have been on the edge of your seat wondering if I bought the extra freezer contemplated on in  The Big Chill, I have not. I know I could buy that extra chest freezer and find a place for it in the basement. However,  since I bought these turkey burgers for a summer camping trip I think it is time to clean out the freezer.

    My main motivation for the weeding of the freezer isn't so much that I'm concerned about freezer burn.  It has to do with the sales circular.  I keep hearing about great sales and specials from my couponing friend and there is no where to store the stuff.

   Okay so here we go.  I am not buying any more meat until we free up the freezer.  I bet we can get a week's worth of meals using up what we have on hand. First night is turkey burgers.  I will defrost the chicken too for the next day.  I usually buy whole chickens or thighs.  I got the big bag of breasts again to make it easier for the camping trip.

   Stand by for some creative meals.  I may have to stop at the store for some milk or bread, but dinner is coming from the freezer this week.  Brr! I better get started!

4 comments:

  1. Your freezer is stuffed. I could work your freezer for 2-3 weeks of meals. Of course there would be a need for sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's small, but it is packed. My husband just told me there needs to be some air flow for the freezer to work. One more reason to clean it out.

      Delete
  2. There needs to be a date on some freezer stuff I have because some of it has got to be sold old. Not sure what some stuff is also.

    I am decluttering the house, but hadn't considered our upright freezer. Thanks for the reminder.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, I always think I don't need to label freezer items and then end up playing the mystery game. Thanks for the house inspiration. I am making my loft the priority area in the new year.

      Delete