Followers

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Catch of the Day

  For some reason, I am reluctant to work with fish.  I have this concept that it will go bad before I can cook it.  If it is previously frozen you really should use it right away, as opposed to "regular meat" that you can freeze if you don't get around to using it is two days. 
  I cooked the fish plain in the oven  simply because I thought it would be easier to not have to stand over the stove.  It was good, but I must say I prefer the way Dan prepared it last week.  His method is to put a stick of butter in the skillet, add a pound and a half of haddock and pan fry it for about 10 minutes. 
   However, my homemade tartar sauce was a big hit both times.  This time I made a big batch of sauce so I added ketchup to the leftovers and used it on roast beef for sandwiches.  I also cut up a sweet potato to bake since I had the fish in the oven.  I recommend putting these in first since they need an additional few minutes cooking time.

Baked Fish Fillets from: Betty Crocker's Cookbook Bridal Edition

1 pound fish
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a rectangular pan with cooking spray. Cut fish into 4 serving pieces; place in pan. Mix remaining ingredients; drizzle over fish. Bake uncovered 15 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.

Tartar Sauce

1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons finely chopped dill pickle or relish
1 tablespoon chopped parsley
2 teaspoons chopped pimento
1 teaspoon grated onion

Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate 1 hour or until chilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment