Followers

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Skeletons In My Closet: It's Scary In There!

The Secret Stash of Clutter
Ahh...that's much better!
 
      My favorite blogger Barb from Cleaning Up The Clutter inspired me to take a look at my mess.  I worked hard to keep to a daily chore schedule and tidied up the house.  Meanwhile, my closets were a fright worthy of the Halloween line up.  Somehow out of sight out of mind kept it from getting done.
 
    I set a goal this month to work on making the closets more livable.  I worked 20 minutes a day until it was done. First step was the repair/stain pile.  My Mom is the ultimate stainmaster.  Seriously she could get the mud out of a puddle.  She took a look at my pile and marked stains with pins and sewed a blouse with a tear. Thanks Mom you are the best!

  My husband built me this wonderful storage shelving unit for my birthday.  I needed to clear off the top surface. The box held LL Bean items that didn't fit.  Back to the store they went. What was left?  Clothes that didn't fit.  Time for them to get donated.  Now we had the little surprises I had picked up for the children.  They were moved to an undisclosed hiding place where they were more secure and out of the way.

   With the summer clothes stowed away in the cubbies and the fall apparel in the dresser the closet was complete. I wanted to leave the door open so I could admire a job well done!

6 comments:

  1. Looks great! This is inspiring!

    My closets are horrible. Actually I have an extra rack of clothes out in our master bedroom. I am again in between sizes since I have lost weight again.

    Hugs,

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol congratulations on losing weight. I used to keep my "someday I will fit back into these clothes" until a friend convinced me if you lose the weight you deserve new clothes for all that effort! I didn't want to show anyone my "before" closet picture, but at least it is better now.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Barb, I'm glad you approve since you are the de-cluttering guru!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want that Cleaning Up the Clutter person to just move in with me. This middle-man (or rather woman) isn't getting the job done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't blame you Marianne. She has some wonderful ideas. Just follow her lead and you can do it too.

    ReplyDelete